Empower local communities
Solar-powered LED lights do not only create benefits on a personal level. Once people can easily save 25% on their household spending, they will be able to spend a large part of this locally, (as seen in the additional income advantage benefit).
It’s a trickle down and multiplier effect: when a complete community can switch from kerosene lamps to solar-powered lights the effects are multiplied and the entire community benefits. Even those who cannot yet afford a light will therefore benefit from the increased wealth of those who do.
New business, new safety
Once the demand is there, existing and new shopkeepers will be able to run their own solar businesses.
Not just one house will be lit at night but all the neighbours as well and the tracks and road between them.
Imagine if your neighbourhood and the road to your friends was completely dark after 6PM? Everybody will feel safer, not just at home, but also outside, which will create a better feeling of community.
- 1 Alleviate poverty Reduce poverty by saving 25% of household costs!
- 2 Health benefits removing toxic and dangerous kerosene from households
- 3 Prevent fire hazards Kerosene lamps are leading cause of house fires
- 4 Enabling education Students can study better & longer, more money for books
- 5 Save our planet Stop global warming, deforestation and pollution
- 6 Increase income Light at night can create additional income streams
- 7 Empowering women LED lights create a brighter future for women and girls
- 8 Empower communities Light generates joint income, offers new possibilities
- 9 Increase safety bringing light in houses and community
- 10 Solar education Teach students and entrepreneurs about solar