Increase safety by bringing light to the houses and communities
Surprisingly enough It was found that one of the biggest effects of the increase in television sets sold in India was the improvement in safety.
Not because suddenly all thieves stayed at home watching TV, but a result of the light generated by the TV’s.
Solar-powered LED lights like ours do not only increase the safety against fires, it also improves safety with regards to criminal activity, against a much lower cost than a new TV!
Thieves like the dark.
The blanket of darkness gives thieves an easy way to approach people and property, take what they want and disappear again. They don’t like well-lit houses and porches.
Most houses that have no money for the kerosene to light a lamp at night are vulnerable. Also shops suffer from shoplifting in the dark corners, just a few lights make a big difference.
Women and children are safer when carrying our light through dark areas as well. Our light is small and portable enough so that you can hold and use it to light your way on a dark path, preventing personal injury due to falls, animals and assaults.
Unlike kerosene lamps, our lights can be held in any position needed and the light beam can be pointed down to light the ground or trail.
Light = safety
- 1 Alleviate poverty Reduce poverty by saving 25% of household costs!
- 2 Health benefits removing toxic and dangerous kerosene from households
- 3 Prevent fire hazards Kerosene lamps are leading cause of house fires
- 4 Enabling education Students can study better & longer, more money for books
- 5 Save our planet Stop global warming, deforestation and pollution
- 6 Increase income Light at night can create additional income streams
- 7 Empowering women LED lights create a brighter future for women and girls
- 8 Empower communities Light generates joint income, offers new possibilities
- 9 Increase safety bringing light in houses and community
- 10 Solar education Teach students and entrepreneurs about solar