FlexiWay Solar finalist at annual QLD sustainability awards!
Earlier this month the Queensland Premier Sustainability Awards organisation has honoured FlexiWay Solar as one of the 3 ‘finalists’ in the Small Business category.
The awards were focused on Australian business rather than our impact in the rest of the world, so we were pleasantly surprised to see we got through to the final 3! It was really special as we were in the ‘up to 50 employees’ category, so a lot of great businesses to compete against.
See also the finalists page on the official website here.
The introductory blurb about us was:
FINALIST—Flexiway Solar Solutions
Flexiway Solar Solutions has developed a small, light weight solar light called the ‘Solar Muscle’, that provides twice as much light as a kerosene lamp which are still used in developing countries.
The lights are being distributed to areas of need by non-government organisations. The solar muscle can be sold and air freighted anywhere in the world for under $10 per unit. For every six kerosene lamps that are replaced by solar muscle lights one tonne of greenhouse gas emissions are saved.
Thanks to the QLD sustainability awards for this! If you know of any other award that we should be applying for, please let us know!
- 1 Alleviate poverty Reduce poverty by saving 25% of household costs!
- 2 Health benefits removing toxic and dangerous kerosene from households
- 3 Prevent fire hazards Kerosene lamps are leading cause of house fires
- 4 Enabling education Students can study better & longer, more money for books
- 5 Save our planet Stop global warming, deforestation and pollution
- 6 Increase income Light at night can create additional income streams
- 7 Empowering women LED lights create a brighter future for women and girls
- 8 Empower communities Light generates joint income, offers new possibilities
- 9 Increase safety bringing light in houses and community
- 10 Solar education Teach students and entrepreneurs about solar