We just came across a very inspiring project in Africa. It shows that you can reach a lot of people and improve their lives in many different ways.
A group of filmmakers has visited the war-torn country and documented local people with a dream. They want to share their stories, their dreams, their hope, their past, present and their future by making documentaries.
Unfortunately most Rwandans have no access to electricity (this beautiful country will be a major focus for our Flexiway Solar team). Of course, professional film equipment is hard to get and even if you manage to make a movie, how are you going to show and share it?
Inflatable Films came up with a moving cinema: they travel around, making -inflating- a screen, generating power and offering the creative Rwandans a way to share their productions with their countrymen. See the inspiring trailer below:
We like this initiative not only because of the clear joy it brings to the people that have been in so much pain, but also because it shows how simple and creative solutions can have a big positive impact.
See also the blog, pictures other info about and ways to support the Filmfestival Rwanda on their website http://www.inflatablefilm.com/.
- 1 Alleviate poverty Reduce poverty by saving 25% of household costs!
- 2 Health benefits removing toxic and dangerous kerosene from households
- 3 Prevent fire hazards Kerosene lamps are leading cause of house fires
- 4 Enabling education Students can study better & longer, more money for books
- 5 Save our planet Stop global warming, deforestation and pollution
- 6 Increase income Light at night can create additional income streams
- 7 Empowering women LED lights create a brighter future for women and girls
- 8 Empower communities Light generates joint income, offers new possibilities
- 9 Increase safety bringing light in houses and community
- 10 Solar education Teach students and entrepreneurs about solar